Gifts from Your Will or Trust
How it works
- Include a bequest to the University of South Carolina or one of its affiliated foundations in your will or
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
- Indicate a specific amount, a percentage of your total estate, or a percentage of the balance
remaining in your estate or trust.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your bequest to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose. (Be sure to check with us to make sure your gift
can be used as intended.)
- Under current tax law there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.