Charitable Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to the University of South Carolina Educational Foundation.
- The University of South Carolina Educational Foundation pays you, or up to two annuitants you
name, fixed income for life.
- The remaining balance passes to the University of South Carolina Educational Foundation when the
contract ends at the death of the last annuitant.
- Annuitants must be at least 55 at the time of the gift.
- Our minimum gift requirement is $50,000.
- Receive dependable, fixed income for life in return for your gift.
- In many cases, increase the yield you are currently receiving from stocks or CDs.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- A portion of your annuity payment will be tax free.
- Make a significant gift to benefit the University of South Carolina Educational Foundation.