Gifts from Your Retirement Plan
How It Works
- Name the University of South Carolina or one of its affiliated foundations as a beneficiary of your
IRA, 401(k), or other qualified plan.
- The balance in your plan benefits the University of South Carolina or one of its affiliated foundations after your passing.
- Avoid the double taxation your retirement savings would incur if you designated an heir as
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Retain the right to revoke the beneficiary designation if your family's needs change.